The (draft) European Agenda for Music takes into consideration policy documents previously released by the music sector or by others that are also relevant for the music sector.
- EMC’s Manifesto for Youth and Music in Europe (2010)
- Bonn Declaration (2011)
- UNESCO 2005 Convention on the Protection and the Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions
- 2007 European Agenda for Culture
- International Music Council’s Five Music Rights (2001)
- AB Music Working Group Report (2016)
- The Hangzhou Declaration, UNESCO (2013)
- Council Work Plan for Culture 2015-2018
- Key changes for Women in Music and the Performing Arts (2014)
- The Universal declaration of Human Rights (1948)
Article 27: (1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
(2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
- Charter of the Fundamental Rights of the European Union (2000)
- UNESCO Road Map for Arts Education (2006)
- Council conclusion on mobility ifnormation services for artists and for culture professionals(2011)
- Promoting cultural and and creative sectors for growth and jobs in the EU (Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions (2012)
- 2016 draft copyright directive – ECSA viewpoint (2016)